I took a walk this morning with the man in the moon. He was quite the gentleman, quiet and polite, just sitting there watching the sunrise with me and keeping me company.With today being Earth Day, I decided to celebrate a bit and instead of driving to the gym, I walked the long way to work (it takes about an hour and a half). It was a beautiful morning that smelled like spring. Watching the sunrise was thrilling - I love seeing the clouds change from pewterish silver, to a milky mother-of-pearl, and then gold and opalescent.
I didn't expect to run into anyone this morning, but I got a lovely surprise when I looked up, and saw the moon watching the sunrise with me. Ok, ok, in all honesty, it was just Venus passing behind the crescent moon, but looking at the picture (it was brighter than that this morning) you can kind of see what I mean. It looks like some cartoon moon face (Venus being the nose), watching the horizon. I have to admit, the picture doesn't quite capture what I saw this morning. What with the different lighting and the cloud distortions... it had me giggling most of the morning. As they say... simple minds and all that.
I Love how you describe things! I totally think you should write a book! I would really enjoy reading it!
ReplyDeleteHeHe! Happy Belated Earth Day to you too!
ReplyDelete