Came up to visit my folks last night and we all went out to the cheap movies to see WALL-E (I had never seen it before). I have to admit, WALL-E is one of my new favorites. The first time I saw the trailer though, I was rather skeptical. I was afraid this would be another Cars (not my favorite Pixar show). Some people, like my mum, can't stand talking animals in movies - I can't stand talking machines. Luckily, these characters weren't people that look like machines - they were machines with some people-like attributes. Somehow Pixar pulled it off. Plus, they don't really talk that much :)WALL-E was charming! And just plain funny too. I laughed a lot more than I thought I would, and loved all the little jokes thrown in. I also loved that they used Hello Dolly as their reminder of the good ol' days - how many kids out there will truly appreciate listening to "Put on your Sunday clothes" or "It only takes a moment?" It just makes me laugh.
Of course, it didn't hurt that one of the underlying messages of the movie was about our need to take care of the earth. I would have liked the movie anyways, but that earned the movie some extra-credit points.
Oh, and for some added fun, the traditional pre-movie Pixar cartoon had me laughing so hard I was snorting. It was just plain funny!
Maybe I'll have to give that one a try. Most likely I'll wind up waiting until it's out on Netflix though. I'll let you know what I think.
ReplyDeleteI thought the first half-hour or so of that movie was one of the best things I've ever seen! Brilliant. :)
ReplyDeleteI would never picked that movie, but upon your recommendation, I'll have to view it.
ReplyDelete