Saturday morning I woke up early feeling kinda bleh - Friday night's hamburger did NOT agree with me. So I took a walk around Provo, in areas I used to walk all the time. Kinda nice to see the place again, and it felt good to move a bit after sitting in the car so long the night before. Once I got back, my sis and I took off for Salt Lake, and arrived right on time for our entrance into the Body Worlds exhibit.
I mentioned before that I had been a bit apprehensive about going, but I was very impressed with the way that things were presented. It was truly awe inspiring to see how our bodies are really put together. I have to admit though, it was rather difficult at first to appreciate everything that I was seeing. I have decided that it is a very good thing I never decided to go into the field of medicine. I would have made a TERRIBLE nurse. The combination of my tendency to get shock-y in such situations and the previous nights bad hamburger were not good. They had a blood pressure machine available in part of the exhibit, and just for fun, I decided to check mine after I started feeling better - surprise surprise, mine was rather low - ~90/50, I don't remember exactly.
Luckily, after I started feeling better, I was able to really enjoy everything I was seeing. I had never before appreciated how compact and small everything really is - especially all the different blood vessels - I used to wonder why the phlebotomists had such a hard time jabbing my veins when I would donate blood. Now I am impressed that they can find them at all! It really is amazing that we can do SO much. It was crowded, but everyone was so quiet and respectful, that I hardly noticed after a while. Everything I saw made me so grateful that I have changed my lifestyle so much. Seeing all that really makes you want to take care of yourself.
Three hours after we went into The Leonardo, we came back out with a deeper respect for what we are, and a renewed commitment to take care of ourselves, and with that in mind, had some salads for lunch, and decided to do a bit of shopping at the Salt Lake Running store and the local REI. Much fun!
By the time we finished spending our money it was time for the best part of the whole trip - stopping in to visit my Great Grandma Lloyd. We had a great visit with her, and it was so nice to see her again. We visited for about an hour and a half before we had to leave, and wished we could have stayed longer. Gotta say, I love that lady!
Anyhow, that is the basics of our weekend adventures - it made for a couple of days full of education and family togetherness, pretty good combination if you ask me!
isn't Grandma Lloyd Amazing!! Shaun and I got to stop by a couple of months ago on our way back from Idaho. I love how she stills has so much spunk for life. I bet she loved your visit!
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun! Next time don't be shy to stop in and see me though. I'd love to see you, and soon there will be a cute little baby to cuddle too!
ReplyDelete