Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The name of the game? Fútbol!

All good things must come to an end eventually, and the saying holds true with this year's soccer season. Sadly, we didn't go very far, and there were some truly ugly games interspersed throughout the season, but there were also some wonderful, glorious games that make you excited to be watching the game and remind you why you love it so much. 
I wouldn't say I have developed any kind of soccer mania, but I have learned to actually enjoy the game. Something I can't (honestly) say about any other sport. I even enjoy it enough to actively search for a soccer game on TV when I have control of the remote. Good thing I don't have cable, so that only happens when I visit my parents house, or I might really be hooked on the sport. 
Anyhow, it has been a long season, but I am sad to see it end. Hopefully next year we will make it to state - I think we might have a chance :) Meanwhile, after spending my days in school and my afternoons/evenings (plus some nights) on the soccer field for the last 2-3 months, I think I will enjoy having my afternoons free again. What on earth will I do with myself... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment