Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Come join the fun!


Every two years the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf holds a national conference for interpreters from all around the United States to come together, blow their minds on a full week of workshops, build some networks and make some friends. I have been lucky enough to attend the last two conferences, the first in San Antonio four years ago, and then San Fransisco two years ago. Both were, simply put, amazing. 
The conference this year is being held in Philadelphia, PA the first week in August, and I am excited to say I am all  registered and ready to go. I even have the hotel reservations! The only sad part about the whole thing is that I won't have much chance to get out and see the city much. In the past at these conferences I have been able to find half a day to get out and play while there aren't any workshops I am interested in, hopefully the same will be true this year. Luckily I have been there once before (one day on a tour... but still, better than nothing!) so if I can't escape I won't feel too terrible. 
Here is the best part of the news for anyone who likes to travel. Even though I will be busy most of that week, and not around to play much, if anyone is interested in coming along and spending a week in Philadelphia this summer, you are more than welcome to come and play for a week. You can even bring a friend, the room holds more than two! The only thing you have to do is get yourself there and help with the hotel bill... which I got at a discount! Let me know if you are at all interested!

2 comments:

  1. That is super tempting! I will keep it in mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You coulg go a day early and see some more sites. I agree it is a cool city! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete