Eight to go. Of my goals that is. I still have three more tests to take, but anything more than one this year is an extra. Not bad for me, really, to have one of my 2009 goals done by the end of February. A few weeks ago I decided it might be a good idea to sign up for the EIPA soon, or all the testing slots for this summer would fill up. So I sent in an email, and found out that April and June were already full! Alas and alack! Very bad luck, BUT there was one slot open for Feb. 28 if I wanted to take it then. I had really wanted to have a bit of extra time to work on specific skills and make sure I was where I wanted to be, but I guess you gotta take what you can get.
So yesterday I drove about 3 hours to the testing location and put on my brave face and pretended to interpret. I find it funny that even when I know exactly what to expect and know that I am good enough, and have already passed the test once before, I still freak out when being evaluated like this. And even though I consciously know that I (probably) did a lot better this time than I did the first time I took it (5 years ago) I still can't help but rehash in my mind every little thing that I KNOW I fouled up on. I guess that means I am improving. I have gone from 'unconscious incompetence' to 'conscious incompetence'... At least that is how it feels right now. It helps that there are parts of the test that I KNOW I did really well on too, places where I was spot on, on fire and doin' good. I just hope the two parts balance out... lol. Fingers crossed!
Anyhow, I won't find out any sort of results for another three months or so. Long enough for me to forget most of the test, and not really be stressed about it any more. And when I get those results, I can always take it again if I need to. Anyhow, I will let you know how I did, in about 89 days.
Awesome work!! I know how crazy such tests can be. When Shaun was applying for his Master's program it was really short notice and he had to take the GRE with only three days of massive studying!
ReplyDeleteI am sure you did great!