As of 12 o'clock this afternoon, it has officially been one week since school got out, and boy oh boy have I enjoyed it! The freedom... (happy sigh). I celebrated by not going to the gym at 4am, staying up till almost dawn to finish a book, and not setting my alarm clock. It has been lovely. Of course, I have been productive (somewhat...).
I went on my first hike of the summer (6 miles!) with my sister and another friend. Perfect day for it too, breezy, cool, light rain at times... very pleasant. I also went on another short morning hike with my sister (2 miles) and wound up doing a bit of trail running. Much fun!! I ran the down hill parts, so it didn't feel like running, it felt more like falling - it was GREAT!

I have also been working on finishing up my bathroom - I got all the varnishing and painting done that I could. Now all I have to do is cut the last cabinet door, stain and varnish it, and my bathroom will be done! So exciting!!

And of course, I have been busy collecting everything I need to pack for Costa Rica. That is quite the challenge for me, I tend to forget things every time I travel, and where we will be gone for two and a half weeks I am checking every list I can, and soliciting hints from all friends who know more than me. The fun part is going to be fitting everything into my (NEW!!) backpack. We are packing light, and not taking any checked luggage so we can bash around the country un-hindered. Hopefully we will be able to find some extra space on the way back for souvenirs!
No comments:
Post a Comment