Saturday, March 27, 2010

And I'm off!

In less than an hour, I will be on the road and on the way to a fun filled week of work and play back east! Even though it is a working trip - I am going as the interpreter for a school tour, I am really excited. Even though I have been back there before, I love the area - there is so much history and beauty, all around! Plus, I will get to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while. Hooray!!
First stop is Washington DC, where the cherry blossoms are in full bloom!! We will arrive there sometime mid-day tomorrow (after a stop in Annapolis, MD) and first things first, explore the Smithsonians. Then on to the Spy Museum, Union Station and a tour of the Monuments at the Mall. Next day will be cram packed with A stop at the White House (pics), the Pentagon, Arlington, Mt. Vernon, the National Cathedral and lots of fun with my friend Elizabeth. Day three we will see the big stuff: Library of Congress, US Capitol, Supreme Court, Ford's Theater, National Archives, Holocaust Memorial and the Old Post Office. Then we are off again, to...
NYC... First stop, Rockefeller Center. Then we hit the Intrepid and South-street Seaport. Then, (hehe!) Wicked!! That night, we get to watch The Nets and the Suns play at the IZOD center. Fun day! Next morning we are on to the Statue of Liberty, Battery Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, a tour of the city, and the Empire State building. Next morning we are up and on our way to our next destination.
Boston, MA. I've never been here before, so it will be even more exciting! We are going to the Plimoth Plantation, the Pilgrim Village, Faneuil Hall, and a tour of the Freedom Trail. On our last day, we drive up to Lexington and Concord to see the battlefields and other local sights before heading to the airport to come home.
Odds are, I am gonna be dead tired by the end of all the adventures, but what a way to go!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you!! Your trip sounds like SO much fun! And I'm excited you get to finally see Boston. You will LOVE it! It's the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a total blast! TO bad it is so far from me still! OH well I'll be thinking of you while your in the same state :) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete