After several visits to the vet, and lots of time spent forcing antibiotics down throats and into eyes I finally got them healthy enough to get rid of. Turns out that is the most challenging part of all if you don’t want to waste all the effort put into taking care of them by sending them to the pound. But at long last, they are gone! After posting flyers all over town, making several phone calls to various humane societies, and visiting multiple pet stores, plus spending a good bit of time sitting in front of grocery stores – they are gone!! Woo hoo! Now other nice families will get the pleasure of shredded shower curtains and surprise attacks (plus the undeniable cuteness of a snuggly, purring kitten) and I will get some peace and quiet.
Monday, September 1, 2008
So long, farewell, etc. etc...
I have to admit, in general my life is fairly quiet. Not much happens outside of work and visiting family, unless I decide that I am bored and end up starting a new project. About six weeks ago, things took a turn for the less ordinary. One of my neighbors (I am assuming he is a neighbor, I have never actually met him) knocked on my porch door and practically begged for a bit of help. He told me he had three hungry kittens dumped on his porch and needed someone who could take care of them and find them new homes. Apparently I have some kind of (unwanted) reputation for placing strays. Apparently I am also a sucker with an inability to say no, because I wound up with three malnourished (I could seriously count every bone), sick and injured (but friendly) kittens living in my bathroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are a saint! I can't believe all that you did for those little kittens. I couldn't believe your shower curtain, either! Ü You will be blessed for your sacrifices. Ü it has been fun reading updates from your blog.
ReplyDeleteheh. Crazy kitties...and star used to be just like those kittens...except hopefully not killing your shower curtain! :)
ReplyDeleteI think your shower curtain says it all-That is hilarious
ReplyDelete