Monday, September 14, 2009

8 seasons, 201 episodes.

Wahoo!!

I have FINISHED the Cosby Show. That's right, finished it.

It has taken a while, but I watched/ran to every single episode of the Cosby Show. All 8 seasons worth. That is two hundred and one episodes. Not half bad, if I do say so myself. And I enjoyed every minute of it. After all, Cliff Huxtable is the worlds second favorite dad - second only to my own! And lets face it, Cliff and Clair make the best TV couple... I loved watching the show every morning, and love that I enjoyed it even more as an adult than I did as a kid. Just like with M*A*S*H (which I also own and watched/ran to all 251 episodes).

So now that I have finished M*A*S*H and the Cosby Show, I am in need of a TV series to start watching as I run in the mornings. Personally, I think I have good taste in TV shows - but I didn't watch too much TV as a kid, so my exposure was limited and I'm not sure what else there is out there that can measure up and be just as awesome - so if you have any recommendations I am wide open. And hurry up - I need something to run to now!

4 comments:

  1. That's so awesome. I suggest Freaks and Geeks. It's hilarious. Each episode is about 45-50 minutes long though, I don't know how that would affect the timing of your workouts. And there were only 18 episodes because NBC canceled the show, which was, in my opinion, the stupidest decision of all time.

    Also, the TV show Daria is coming out on DVD next year. I know that's a long way off. I don't know if you've ever seen Daria (it's a cartoon that used to be on MTV, I think), you should definitely check it out. Daria is smart and sarcastic. You would totally love it. :)

    My two favorite TV shows to work out to recently is Law and Order (but I really only like the old ones with Jerry Orbach) and What Not to Wear. I'm pretty sure L&O is on DVD.

    As for other classic TV...hmm, I'd probably just go to the store and wander the aisles until I found something I remember I liked. :)

    Wow, that was a really long comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love to watch episodes before bed. Currently we are watching the Pretender, but are pretty irritated that they never finished the show cause the stupid writers wanted more money or something. Another favorite is Reba. We of course also have Friends (actually, my husband had most of these before we got married :). We would love to have Psych, Chuck, and Monk. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've watched all of MASH and I do love the Cosby Show. Have you watched Gilmore Girls? Smart writing, quirky, interesting characters. The last season isn't as good as the others. I agree with Hollie about Psych and Monk. Chuck was good but got to be a little repetetive in the story line. We also love The Closer,and Raising the Bar. I guess it just depends if you're looking for comedy or drama. Great way to make the running time pass quickly, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah and I really like MacGyver we have two seasons. You can watch them on CBS.com for free

    ReplyDelete