I know a lot of people who hate winter. The cold, the dark... they just find it depressing. Then there are the people like me. I love winter, and am basically of the opinion that with snow, more is better. I think it's beautiful, fun, comforting and invigorating, chock full of adventures just waiting to happen. However, this year, I gotta admit that as much as I still love the snow, and even though we still desperately need another couple feet of it to add to the snow pack here, I am starting to kinda look forward to some slightly elevated temperatures.My furnace died a nasty death about a month ago, screaming out it's death cry for all to hear. Since then I have been doing my best to keep warm using space heaters. And while these wreak havoc with my electricity bill, they do a fairly good job at keeping things tolerable so long as I close off rooms that I am not using. The only places that never seem to warm up are near the walls. Which is, of course, right where my computer is located. So with my hands constantly at the keyboard and on the mouse, and therefor closest to the cardboard-thin walls, I now have two large ice cubes dangling from the ends of my wrists.
As sad as I am to see the snow slowly disappearing, a little part of me is secretly rejoicing every time I can go outside and not feel my nose hairs freezing. Perhaps if things warm up a little more I will be able to turn down the space heaters, save some money on my electric bill, and be able to fix the furnace. Other benefits of warmer weather are that with a few more mild days I might finally be able to wrench my garbage can out of it's icy prison, and sooner or later, plants will start to come back to life, and then I will be intoxicated with happy spring feelings.

As sad as I am to see the snow slowly disappearing, a little part of me is secretly rejoicing every time I can go outside and not feel my nose hairs freezing. Perhaps if things warm up a little more I will be able to turn down the space heaters, save some money on my electric bill, and be able to fix the furnace. Other benefits of warmer weather are that with a few more mild days I might finally be able to wrench my garbage can out of it's icy prison, and sooner or later, plants will start to come back to life, and then I will be intoxicated with happy spring feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment