(Yes, I am tired. You don't have to laugh.)
I found out a few months ago that an actor friend of mine was performing in the national tour of Annie, and would be coming to a town nearby. Well... I am claiming him as a friend, even though I only kind of know the kid - we lived next door to each other for a summer. So anyhow, I found a group of people who wanted to go with me, my sister and a couple friends from work, and we had a wonderful time. I even got to pretend to have a life!
We went out for a quick dinner at Cafe Rio, and then headed over to the theater, and settled into our nice seats, only one row back from the balcony! Over all, they were pretty good seats. Except for my sisters'. Poor girl. A very... um, large woman wound up sitting right in front of her. So this is what she got to watch, almost the whole time.
Finally she wised up, and midway through the second half, she got up and went to sit in the aisle, where she had a stunning view of the finale.
Finally she wised up, and midway through the second half, she got up and went to sit in the aisle, where she had a stunning view of the finale. I LOVED the play. I have only ever seen the movie, which oddly enough, annoyed me when I was a kid. I love it now though, but the play was so much more fun. More fun songs, some amazingly cute orphans with awesome voices... and the finishing touch was being able to watch someone I knew perform in such a fun, professional production. Fun stuff!!

Cy, my 'friend', is in the blue scarf - fourth from the right, next to Santa.
Ah! The Ellen Eccles Theatre! That gorgeous little place always makes me SO HAPPY. Just walking in, I get my little kid I-can't-wipe-it-off smile that makes me feel kind of silly except I'm too in heaven to mind, which makes me laugh at myself even more, and then I REALLY can't stop smiling. :) I'm smiling now just happening upon a picture of it on your blog! I'm glad you had SUCH a GREAT time!!! So fun. :)
ReplyDeleteSounds really fun. I'm glad the evening went well.
ReplyDeleteOkay, who was the friend? Since you said for a summer I am guessing he might have been from playmill which means I might be able to "claim" to know him too....
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!
It is an awesome theater, so much fun! I just wish I could go more often :)
ReplyDeleteThe friend is Cy Wood - I don't know if you would remember him, but he's a nice kid :)