Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bittersweet

Friday was the last day of classes for the Seniors - and thus the last day of interpreting classes for myself. All that is left is a week of getting ready for graduation and cleaning out my office.

It feels odd, knowing that I will never interpret for some of these amazing teachers ever again - no more awesome jury exercises or mock trials. No more rm 118 or Algebra in the old seminary building. Yeah, yeah, I know, ten to one I will be doing all these classes again at some point in the future. It's the people I will miss - they are the ones who make the experience so amazing. They are half the formula for the awesomeness (the other half being the students.)

It's times like these when I REALLY wish confidentiality wasn't an issue, because I would love to describe these people, what it is about them that makes me admire them so, why they are not just awesome people, but amazing teachers! Ah... the stories I could tell. Of course, confidentiality also protects the, uh, 'not so good' teachers that I am SO glad to leave behind too... so I guess it is for the best.

I sat in my office all day yesterday, alternating between dismantling my office and working at the computer as I listened to the bells ring. Bells that normally tell me where I am supposed to be going - yesterday they just seemed to be rubbing it in, "Hey, aren't you supposed to be in psych right now?" "5 minutes till zoology!" It was an odd feeling to just sit and listen as kids passed by in the hall changing classes - I was supposed to be enjoying myself right then - because honestly, my job is a blast. (Most of the time.)

Today, was a bit more lighthearted, I enjoyed some fun in the sun at Lagoon with the Seniors - man, I love those Dippin' Dots! There are benefits to tagging along as a chaperon. Time seems to be flying past, but I am doing my best to savor every last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment