
Mama always called me Princess #1, but this Cinderella never thought she would be going to the Ball! I can't deny that moving to New York is having a distinctly positive impact on my social life (the effect on my bank account is, so far, strictly negative - formal dresses are spendy!)
However, I must admit that while yes, I did get to go to the Ball - I went as the Help. No glass slippers or Prince Charming for me.

Still, it was a great deal of fun - if only so I could claim to have attended a ball. In coming here, I knew that I would have the opportunity to work all sorts of functions, and I expected (somewhat) guest lecturers who happen to be VIP's and other non-academic events, but I never attended a ball when I was at college, I don't even know if they had any. So I didn't think much about it till suddenly they needed some extra people to lend a hand. I signed up for the overload, bought myself a nice dress and had all sorts of fun working.
And during my off time, I had a blast watching the antics of the attendees who had taken advantage of the free wine and were now enjoying the casino games... I love people watching.

You tease me! Now I want to see you in the dress!!!
ReplyDelete