All my life I have wanted to go to Central America. As a kid, I would sit and listen to my mum tell stories about her mission, and admire her iridescent blue Morpho butterfly (I even stole it when I moved out).At long last, this dream is coming true. Next June the High School is taking a group on a nine day tour of Costa Rica, and I am going with. I will get to visit Poas Volcano, take a kayaking tour of Lake Arenal, visit the Santa Elena Cloud Forest and see the Carara Biological Reserve, plus lots of other really fun things.
But, the best part of all is that when everyone else leaves after nine adventure filled days, I get to stay behind for another seven days of fun. All by myself! Very exciting prospect, but just a little freaky too, after all, I really don't speak the language.
I plan on staying as busy as possible during my extra time there, after all, this is probably a once in a life time opportunity for me, and I want to take full advantage while I can. Hopefully I will even be able to go to the Temple while I am in San Jose, and with luck, maybe I can buy my own Morpho butterfly, and finally return my mum's to her.
So, has anyone ever been there before? Any suggestions about things that I really should do or see? Any advice for the gringa?
That is so awesome! I'm so excited that you get to go! I've never been, but I have been to Chile a couple times and speak very poor Spanish. (And I even took Spanish in high school...sad!) My best advice is to take a good Spanish-English dictionary. :) And have fun!
ReplyDeleteWe LOOOOOOVVVVVED our trip to Costa Rica. If you want to know about hotels and spots we loved, pop me an email anytime! (There's some GREAT stuff all around Arenal!) I'm so excited for you--how fun!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I'm so jealous. Please take lots of pictures so I can admire the breathtaking scenery vicariously at least!
ReplyDeleteMy sister went to Costa Rica a couple of summers ago. She had a great time. You deserve a fun trip (even if you have to endure the time with high schoolers).
ReplyDelete