
Seems like everyone is getting pounded with winter storms the last little while, and we were no exception! The last week has brought more snow than seems possible, and blessed us with a traditional White Christmas. Idaho is not famous for the amount of precipitation it gets (unless it is for the lack of it...) but the last little while has felt more like Washington, only with snow instead of rain. Crazy! My car has been snowed in at my parents house for a week now, and the only vehicle that reliably makes it up the driveway is my dad's truck. We even thought there was enough snow to try and build a snowman Christmas day. Operative word being
try. Mostly we piled up some snow, and threw the rest at each other. Many messes were made, and much fun was had. Most of the time, I love snow. I had to laugh yesterday when I realized that I only love the snow so long as it doesn't interfere with my plans. I really don't care if it messes up everyone else's plans, but when my plans are on the line... watch out! Oh well, if we spend all year praying for rain, moisture, snow, etc., then it really isn't fair to complain when our prayers are answered. So with that in mind, and the realization that I don't really have any plans for another week, all I can say is "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

(My sister in the middle of the snowbank on the parents deck - before we
really messed it up)
No comments:
Post a Comment