Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ready to go!

Hooray for fun Christmas presents! Christmas was pretty darn good this year, but I have to say that this is the best part :) I got hooked on hiking this last summer and the only thing I was sad about was that it is kinda hard to go in the snow. In the past I have done cross country skiing, and absolutely loved it. But that hobby has fallen by the wayside lately. Then my aunt told me about the joys of snowshoeing and she piqued my interest. The more I thought about it, the more intriguing the idea became until I decided that somehow, I would try to learn this winter. Now, with all the lovely new snow, and with my brand new snowshoes (aren't they pretty!) I am ready to go and have lots and lots of fun (I hope!) Now I just need to con someone into going with me as I experiment and figure out what I am doing. I did take them out for a test walk, just once around the house, and that was kinda fun, but I am thinking that it might be a good idea not to go too far off the beaten path all by myself... lol :) Knowing me, I would walk right into trouble. But, some way or another though, I have every intention of getting out and having some great fun this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment