I had planned to write this post just after I finished my "Looking back" post, but I guess I got lazy. Oh well, I figure that as long as I finish it before the end of January, it counts for New Years resolutions. :)1. Run 5k - this doesn't even have to be in an official 5k race, but I want to be able to run that distance, non stop, and not on a treadmill. I want to run it for real. Hopefully more than once to prove it's not just a fluke.
2. Climb to the top of something that is labeled on a map (any map) as a mountain. I came pretty close once, with my sister, but we didn't quite make it. I would like to change that this year.
3. Pass a certification test. One of them. Any of them. I just want to get at least one of them (there are four I am planning to take, two written and two performance) out of the way. Technically, there is one (EIPA performance) that I don't have to take, but I want to improve my score so I am gonna do it again anyhow.
4. Finish my home improvement projects. This next summer will be my last real opportunity to finish everything I want to do. Summer of 2010 I will (most likely) be trying to sell the place, and moving to wherever my next job takes me, so whatever I want done, has to be done this year.
5. Go backpacking/camping. My sister and I have been wanting to do this for a while, and we keep making tentative plans, which keep getting shoved aside. This year, I want to make sure we actually do some.
6. Hike 100 miles. Ok, so maybe not all at once! Although that would be kinda cool... Anyhow, this year I want to hike at least 100 miles all together. I have no idea how many miles I went last year, but that is my goal for this year.
7. Go on more than two dates. This goal should make my parents happy. It will be tough, but I thought I should be ambitious, and try to beat last years' high by at least one.
8. Go to the Temple more often. Although I was able to go several times this last year, I don't feel like I took advantage of the opportunity often enough, especially since I live so very close compared to so many others.
9. Read the Book of Mormon again. I am currently studying the New Testament because that is what the seminary class I am interpreting for is working on. But I want to start again on the BoM because I love the blessings it brings, and hopefully I will finish it before school starts next fall.
They say that goals are rare in soccer. You could say the same of my life. I don't make them that often. So maybe I won't call these 'goals' per say, more like... plans for the upcoming year.

No comments:
Post a Comment