
What better way could I have decided to spend the first day of the new year than by getting out and going snowshoeing? My first real chance to play with my snowshoes was a smashing success. I went out that afternoon with my aunt, and we went about 3 miles up one of our favorite hiking trails. Not as far as we usually hike, but it took almost two hours, and was far enough to work up a good sweat! That is a
really good workout! It was beautiful too. A different type of beautiful than you normally get in the regular hiking season, but still breathtaking in its own right. Now I am going to have to do some searching for good places to go around home, cause I have got to keep this up.
However, next time I go, I will definitely be wearing a double layer of socks... my heel started rubbing enough that I could feel it about half a mile up the trail, and by time I got home, I knew I wouldn't be wearing shoes any more than I could help it for the next few days. Even so, it was fabulous, more than worth the blister!
No comments:
Post a Comment