"You meet people who forget you. You forget people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can't forget.Those are your friends." I don't have many friends, never have. But scarcity only heightens their value - and those friends I have are so precious to me.
The last few weeks has really hit this home for me - nearly all of my friends live pretty far away from me - and I really don't get to see them that often. You get used to almost anything after a while, and when you get a little lonely sometimes it is easier to let yourself forget a little.
I forget how good it feels to share a laugh and exchange ideas - and then a good friend calls me up in the middle of her busy day to remind me. I had forgotten how good it felt to just sit and chat with someone who likes you in spite of yourself - and then a nearby friend drove an hour out of her way on a work night just to spend an evening with me. I even kinda forgot how friends run to the rescue, but the second I asked for advice another friend was there in a flash offering editing help and sightseeing tips. And just to emphasize the point, the moment I sent out an SOS, a friend I haven't seen in years was there in a flash offering to help with my resume. Sure, I could work really hard, and someday repay them for their time, talents, advice and expertise - but what they really gave me, that which is of most value to me, and what I can never repay is the kindness, the thought, their genuine desire to reach out and connect, and the consideration they showed at a time when I needed to be reminded. That is what still touches my heart and makes me wish I could be more like them.
"A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg, even though he knows you are slightly cracked."
"A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg, even though he knows you are slightly cracked."
You have to be a true friend to have such great friends yourself! Good luck with everything going on in your life!
ReplyDeleteOh and we just barly told the whole fam about the baby- it was a hard secret to keep! Thanks for the kind words. You are welcome to visit Rochester anytime!
Maybe, just maybe, you're friends think you're awesome enough to justify picking up the phone or making a drive every once in a while. Weird concept I know, or maybe it's just me that weird.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that we're friends! You're pretty awesome.
ReplyDelete